About Us

Organization Chart

Organization Chart

History

1949 Established as Celluloid Inspection Association.
Authorized as an inspecting organization under Export Control Law.
1956 Renamed as Japan Export Plastics Inspection Association.
1958 In accordance with enactment of Export Goods Inspection Law, authorized as a designated inspection organization.
1960 Supported by Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Japan Society for Testing Plastics made a start.
1964 Renamed as Japan Plastics Inspection Association.
1977 Authorized as the designated inspecting organization under Food Sanitation Law.
1981 Authorized as an approved inspecting organization under Japanese Industrial Standardization Law.
1985 Renamed as Japan High Polymer Center.
Merged with Japan Society for Testing Plastics and reorganized to have 2 Divisions, viz. Test and Inspection Division and Advanced Material Division.
1996 Authorized as a designated inspecting organization under revised Food Sanitation Law.
1998 Through developmental reorganization of Japan High Polymer Center, Japan Chemical Innovation Institute was organized.
Authorized as a designated inspecting organization under revised Japanese Industrial Standardization Law.
1999 Accredited by National Institute of Technology and Evaluation as a JNLA (Japan National Laboratory Accreditation System) testing laboratory under ISO/IEC Guide 25.
2002 Accredited by National Institute of Technology and Evaluation as a JNLA (Japan National Laboratory Accreditation System) testing laboratory under ISO/IEC 17025.
2004 Authorized as a registered inspecting organization under revised Food Sanitation Law.
2007 Accredited by Japan Chemical Laboratory Accreditation as a testing laboratory under ISO/IEC 17025.
2011 Technological Strategy & Planning Project transferred to other corporation and renamed as Japan Chemical Innovation and Inspection Institute.
Constructed new testing laboratory in Shinonome, Koto-ku, Tokyo and the Tokyo Office is moved there.
2012 Authorized as general incorporated foundation.