Move to the text

Organization summary

Organizational chart

History

1949
Established as Celluloid Inspection Association.
Authorized as an inspecting organization under Export Control Law.
1956
Renamed as Japan Export Plastics Inspection Association.
1958
In accordance with enactment of Export Goods Inspection Law, authorized as a   designated inspection organization.
1960
Supported by Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, Ministry of                 International Trade and Industry, Japan Society for Testing Plastics made a start.
1964
Renamed as Japan Plastics Inspection Association.
1977
Authorized as the designated inspecting organization under Food Sanitation Law.
1981
Authorized as an approved inspecting organization under Japanese Industrial      Standardization Law.
1985
Renamed as Japan High Polymer Center.
Merged with Japan Society for Testing Plastics and reorganized to have               2 Divisions, viz. Test and Inspection Division and Advanced Material Division.
1996
Authorized as a designated inspecting organization under revised Food Sanitation Law.
1998
Through developmental reorganization of Japan High Polymer Center, Japan        Chemical Innovation Institute was organized.
Authorized as a designated inspecting organization under revised Japanese          Industrial Standardization Law.
1999
Accredited by National Institute of Technology and Evaluation as a JNLA (Japan   National Laboratory Accreditation System) testing laboratory under ISO/IEC       Guide 25.
2002
Accredited by National Institute of Technology and Evaluation as a JNLA (Japan   National Laboratory Accreditation System) testing laboratory under ISO/IEC        17025.
2004
Authorized as a registered inspecting organization under revised Food Sanitation  Law.
2007
Accredited by Japan Chemical Laboratory Accreditation as a testing laboratory     under ISO/IEC 17025.
2011
Technological Strategy & Planning Project transferred to other corporation and      renamed as Japan Chemical Innovation and Inspection Institute.
Constructed new testing laboratory in Shinonome, Koto-ku, Tokyo and the Tokyo Office is moved there.
2012
Authorized as general incorporated foundation.
Back to TOP